My Guide Website?
Zambezi River: Kid-Friendly Whitewater Rafting
Embark on a rafting trip with your kids. Don't leave them behind, while having fun on an awesome river. Spend an amazing day as a family, while you raft the world's wildest river.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Zimbabwe:If youʻre booking your trip to Zimbabwe last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Kasane: Victoria Falls Day Trip (Zimbabwe side)
- Victoria Falls: Guided Walking Tour
- Chobe Day Trip from Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Victoria Falls: Dinner Cruise on the Zambezi River
- Spend a full-day with your kids on the Mighty Zambezi and enjoy incredible moments rafting as a family
- Challenge rapids on a river considered the best and wildest in the world of whitewater rafting
- Enjoy a buffet lunch on top of the Batoka Gorge and take in the beautiful scenery
DescriptionTake your family rafting down the Zambezi and spend a day in an incredible river with your kids. Paddle a distance of between 16-23 km, depending on the water levels, and enjoy a barbecue lunch on top of the Batoka Gorge. Paddle through a series of Class 1-4 rapids with your experienced guides, steering you through the rapids of the Zambezi, a premiere river for whitewater rafting. Feel the rush of this adrenaline-pumping activity and marvel at the stark, sheer beauty and tranquility of the amazing Batoka Gorge. This family trip takes place on a Stern Mount Raft with a frame and two large wooden oars to give your guide full control of the raft. Guests have the option to paddle through some rapids or just to enjoy holding on to the rope. There are special handle straps for kids, made in the U.S., that allow them to sit in the middle and hold on, but they can try paddling small rapids. Most rapids on this river are run on 2-3 different options. Clients may select their preferred option, but the guide's decision is final, especially if there are little kids onboard.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off Rafting equipment and gear Snacks for kids in between the rafting section
- The walk down to the river is very steep, slippery, and tedious