Top 8 Things To Do In Kariba
- Fishing on Lake Kariba - The Lake is a notable water body in the country and on the continent; it makes a great locale for fishing. Some of the notable species found in these waters include Tiger and Bream.
- Take a dip at the Supa Tube at Caribbea Bay Resort - Temperatures in Kariba can be brutal and this is the place to relax and keep cool at the same time.
- Visit the Dam wall - The Kariba Dam is one of Zimbabwe’s most iconic man-made attractions. Find out more about this impressive Dam and learn more about the Hydroelectric project, the legend of Nyaminyami and more.
- Tour of the town - The township including St Barbra Chapel. The perfect way to end the tour is to take in the gorgeous view of the lake and surrounds at the Kariba Heights viewpoint.
- Sunset Cruise - This is a must-do when you visit Kariba, there is just something magical and dreamy about gliding on the waters in the cool of the day. The sunsets never disappoint and it is a truly relaxing activity.
- Curio Shopping - No trip is complete without shopping for souvenirs. There is a Market at Kariba Heights where you can shop for locally made items which will make great gifts or interesting add-ons for your living space at home.
- Game viewing in Matusadona Game Park - Matusadona National Park is found on the southern shores of the lake. You can go on game drives. Matusadona is a rather rugged park which has a sizeable wildlife population which include animals like elephants, buffalo, leopards and some rhinos which were relocated here.
- Birding - Water birds are common in these parts and keen birders will have much to see.